- The methodology (object based vs. task based) applies for the whole
JBuilder project, so please never mix CM repositories of different
methodologies in a single JBuilder project
=> all files included in a JBuilder project should be part of a single
- The methodology is derived from the CM info file _ccmwaid.inf
(Windows) respectively .ccmwaid.inf (Unix) and the location of the
JBuilder project file (*.jpr or *.jpx).
||the JBuilder project file has to be located in the same
directory as the CM info file or any directory below!
- All menues do include some functions for object-based repositories only,
some for task-based only and some for both. Therefore all menues are separated
into tree parts: object-based, task-based and independent functions.
=> either the object-based or the task-based function group will always
be disabled in a menu!
- The file node icons are based upon the write protection status of the
related files and do not resemble the CM status in any way, so it may happen
that you can issue a command which is not useful.
E.g. create and diff are both enabled for writable files; but
either you can add a file (which is not yet part of the repository) or you can
diff a file (which is already under CM control).
=> in a particular situation, not all enabled commands are useful, but
all useful commands are enabled!
- All warnings issued by the CM commands are shown in correspondig messages
within JBuilder (e.g. if a file is checked out multiple times)
=> if nothing happens after issuing a command, look at the JBuilder
status bar and wait for an error message being popped up